- Recreation & Senior Programs Director - Noriko Yoshida-Travers
Hours of Operation
- Monday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Thursday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Friday - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- By Phone
- Office Phone: 603.362.5531
- By Email
- By Mail
- Atkinson Community Center, Town Of Atkinson NH, 21 Academy Avenue, Atkinson, NH 03811
- (Atkinson Community Center is located at 4 Main Street, Atkinson, NH 03811)
Upcoming Special Events
- CPR/AED Classes - CPR saves lives! Would you know what to do in an emergency? Atkinson Recreation Department and
Atkinson Fire Department are co-sponsoring 2 CPR/AED training classes. Please choose one class, Wednesday, September 2, 2015
from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm or Thursday, September 10, 2015 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Both classes are held at Atkinson Fire Station.
The cost of each class is $20.00 for Atkinson resident and $30.00 for non-residents. The classes are regularly $30.00 per person
but Atkinson Recreation will pick up $10.00 for Atkinson residents, which includes the instruction, a book, and CPR card. Atkinson
residents have first priority. There is limited space available for both classes, so please call Noriko at 603.362.5531 or email
at firstname.lastname@example.org to register early to secure your spot. Payment is by check
or money order only made payable to Town of Atkinson – Recreation.
- Outdoor Archery ClassAtkinson Recreation is sponsoring Outdoor 4-week Archery class. Archery is a lifelong sport for
anyone of any age! Archery in Motion, LLC of Concord, NH will provide beginner and intermediate levels Olympic Style Target Archery
for anyone from Grade 4 through senior citizen on Thursdays from September 3, 2015 through September 24, 2015. This session is 4 weeks
in length with a weekly one-hour class from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Collins Park located on 15 East Road. (The class will be held
at Atkinson Community Center for rain date). Cost is $60.00 for Atkinson residents and includes lessons and equipment, also with a $5.00
discount for additional members from the same immediate family. Please register by August 28th and payment is due upon registration.
Class size is limited to a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12. If there are any spaces available, Atkinson Recreation could take
registrations from other town residents and cost for non-Atkinson residents is $65.00 per person. Please contact Recreation Director
Noriko Yoshida-Travers at 603.362.5531 or email at email@example.com to register, for any question or additional information.
National Archery Association Certified Instructors will teach participants the basic fundamental of shooting target archery while
focusing on safety and form. The Beginner Class is for those with little or no experience and intermediate levels is for those who
would like to brush up on their skills. Atkinson Recreation reserves the right to cancel any program that does not reach the minimum
number of required participants. Please register early and avoid disappointment. Registration forms must be filled out before the
class starts. Payment is by check or money order only made payable to Town of Atkinson – Recreation. Registration and payment
may be mailed to: Atkinson Town Hall, Attention: Recreation, 21 Academy Avenue, Atkinson, NH 03811 or may be dropped off in the
Recreation mail box located at Town Hall selectmen’s office (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) or at Atkinson Community Center during the office
hours (8:30 am to 3:30 pm).
Available Forms and Documents
- Q - How do I reserve the Community Center?
- A - Please contact the Community Center Director by phone at 603.362.5531 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the availability. If you are interested in using a room at the Community Center for your meeting
or event, you will need to complete the Community Center Reservation Form and Community Center Checklist.
Upon registration, we need 2 checks, an appropriate amount of rental fee and $50.00 security deposit with the application form.
- Q - What rooms are available to rent?
- A - Banquet Room- Capacity of 120 people, Room 1 - Capacity of 12, Room 2 - Capacity of 24. Kitchen facility is available for additional fee.
- Q - Do you charge non-profit organizations for meetings or other functions?
- A - The Atkinson based non-profit organizations can use the facilities up to 4 hours for free. They still need to fill out the application form and are required to pay the $50.00 security deposit.
- Q - How many tables and chairs do you have?
- A - There are 120 chairs and 15 round and rectangular tables. There are tables and chairs already set up in Rooms 1 and 2 to cover the capacity.